Type Keyword Here

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Apologist Philosophies

     It came to my attention today at the cafeteria lunch table that a story I posted last week (the one about Anime vs. Comic Books) may have offended some people. The friends that I mentioned as holding pro-Japanese pop culture stances commented on the misinformed nature of my "Anti-anime rant." The way I see it, if I offended my closest friends, chances are some of the other people out there, namely the ones I don't know in person.

     The Anime thing wasn't the only post that I received some complaints about. An acquaintance spent a full three hours sending me hate mail through Facebook's instant-messaging service because of my support of Barack Obama. The kicker is that this guy isn't a conservative, he's a libertarian: he says that President Obama is too conservative. I suppose there must be others out there who feel the same way but lacked the outlet for complaints.

     Now that I've listed all of the things that I should probably apologize for, I'm going to make a point of not apologizing. When some people say "offensive," I say "though provoking." If you'll notice at the top of the page, my mission statement is to "enlighten some and infuriate others" and my reasoning behind this is that anger leads to different perspectives. If you feel offended by any of my content, that means that I'm doing my job. It means that you're reading a perspective you disagree with, which can lead to new discoveries about yourself, about others, and about controversial topics. So feel free to be angry. I encourage it. What's more, if you feel particularly infuriated and motivated to express your fury, please leave a scathing comment or shoot me an angry email. Just no death threats. My email server has a screen for stuff like that.

     Well, that was thoroughly serious. To ease the tension, here's a picture of two Darth Travolta and Samuel L. Fett.

"And I will execute great vengeance upon the Rebellion with furious force choking; and when I send my probe-droids out to find them, they shall know that I am the Lord Vader." Palpatine- 25:17

No comments:

Post a Comment